Pokemon Go lucky at-home trainer catches
A Pokemon Go trainer
  • Pokemon Go trainer shows off insanely lucky at-home catches

A Pokemon Go trainer showed off some insanely lucky Shiny catches done completely from the comfort of their own home which wowed the community. Many long-time Pokemon Go fans know that the whole design of the game is built around getting outside and exploring the real world to find wild Pokemon roaming around.

Trainers can explore their neighborhood or nearby cities to find PokeStops, take on Gyms, are battle in Raids alongside other players. However, sometimes trainers don’t even need to leave the comfort of their own homes to snag some seriously lucky catches, as was the case with one player who nabbed some rare Shinies without ever leaving home.

Pokemon Go player makes fans jealous with at-home Shiny catches

A Pokemon Go player going by the username DanIsNotUrMan posted about their lucky at-home catches on the Pokemon Go subreddit. They attached screenshots showing off a Shiny Galarian Zigzagoon and Lechonk they caught at home on the same day.

The trainer explained, “I caught Lechonk when I got home last night and caught Zigzagoon this morning the first time I opened [the] game.” While the two Shiny Pokemon were no doubt lucky finds, especially given their locations, the trainer didn’t have the same luck when it came to their IVs. “Unfortunately, my Shiny rolls tend to be pretty bad so they’re both 1 star. I tend to find a lot of Shinys in neighborhoods for some reason…”

Still, many members of the community were impressed at the two finds, with many sharing their own stories of convenient Shiny catches. “That’s how I got my shiny Exeggcute. Sitting on the couch. But there’s one spawn point accessible from my house and 80% of the time there’s nothing,” said one fan.

One fan noted they even caught some Shiny Pokemon while…doing their business so to speak. “Yes, I even created a tag for ‘toilet shinies’ I’ve caught while on the john,” they said. While not every trainer has this crazy amount of luck when playing Pokemon Go, trainers never know when a Shiny is lurking around their home so be sure to check nearby spawns often.

Quick Tips for Trainers

• Always keep your game open when you're at home; you never know when a Shiny might spawn nearby!

• Consider using an Incense to increase the spawn rate of Pokemon around you, especially if you're playing from home.

• Shinies have the same catch rate as their non-Shiny counterparts. So, if you encounter one, use Razz Berries or better to ensure a successful catch.

• Always check the IVs of your Pokemon, but remember, a Shiny with low IVs is still a Shiny and a unique collectible!

Quiz Time!

How well did you read the story? Test your memory!

Quiz 1: Lucky Trainer's Catches

Which Pokemon did the trainer NOT catch at home?

Lechonk

Galarian Zigzagoon

Exeggcute

FAQs from the Web

1. Can I catch Shiny Pokemon from home in Pokemon Go?

Yes, as demonstrated by the trainer in the story, it's possible to catch Shiny Pokemon without leaving your home.

2. Do Shiny Pokemon have better stats?

No, Shiny Pokemon don't necessarily have better IVs or stats. They're just rare color variants.

3. How can I increase the chances of finding a Shiny at home?

Using items like Incense can help increase the spawn rate of Pokemon, potentially giving you a higher chance to find a Shiny.

4. Do all players have the same chance to catch Shinies?

Yes, the base Shiny rate is consistent across all players. However, during certain events, the Shiny rate for specific Pokemon may be boosted.

5. How rare is a Shiny Pokemon?

The rarity varies depending on the Pokemon. Some have a 1 in 450 chance, while others might be rarer or more common during events.

Join the Discussion!

What's your most memorable at-home catch in Pokemon Go? Share your story in the comments below!

Final Thoughts

The world of Pokemon Go is full of surprises, and as this story proves, you don't always have to venture outside to discover them. Whether you're on an adventure in the city or relaxing on your couch, keep an eye out for those sparkling Shinies. Happy catching!

Lost Age gift logo
New games (Press to check all games listed in this letter.):

Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.Press to check all games listed in this letter.
HOW & WHERE ENTER (tap >here<)!

Archive (old games):
A ; B ; C ; D ; E ; F ; G ; H ; I ; J ; K ; L ; M ; N ; P ; R ; S ; T ; U ; V ; W ; X ; Y ; Z