Retrowave preview - nostalgia for the 80s
Retrowave preview
  • Retrowave - an endless ride on the waves of nostalgia in the rhythm of a syntwave / retrowave.

In this game, music is also of key importance. And the music is quite a certain direction. Syntwave / retrowave generates such a specific atmosphere in which, on the one hand, nostalgia for the 80s is felt (or rather, the romance of that era), and on the other hand, there is a rhythm and mood of cyberpunk, the future. In general, pure retrofuturism. And when visual pleasure is superimposed on this sound pleasure — neon lights filling almost the entire space — pure ecstasy is obtained.

Retrowave gives you the opportunity to feel all this while sitting behind the wheel of one of the iconic cars for the 80s, each of which (and there are 15 of them here, including even a Lada) you can color and upgrade. The tracks are very different — not only classic races on city streets at night and palm-dotted beaches, but also on futuristic locations and, it seems, even on other planets.

At the same time, the rules are simple — we endlessly rush along a one-way or two-way road, listen to music, enjoy and regret that we cannot put our "CD" (for example, I wanted to add to the local Alphaville playlist). It is clear that at the same time you need to watch the road, try to overtake famously and not break the car. The longer you have lasted, the more money you will receive as a result. Moreover, bonuses rely on overtaking other cars as close as possible, on the verge of a collision.

There are two other modes — classic Time Attack and Speed Bomb. In the latter, you are racing in a truck with a bomb, trying not to collide and not stop — if the speed drops, then the "health" of the bomb drops, and eventually it will explode. In general, you feel like a hero of "Speed" with Keanu Reeves.

By the way, Retrowave is also highly discouraged for fans of the movie "Drive" with Ryan Gosling. There is a suspicion that the authors were inspired by them. Some players say (I didn't check it myself) that if in Hard mode, when there are a lot of police cars on the road, they score 100 thousand points, then they will tell us what happened to Gosling's hero at the end of the film. Go ahead, and then tell us.